MyDIGITAL is an initiative that represents the Government’s aspirations to transform Malaysia into a digitally-enabled and technology driven high income nation, and a regional lead in digital economy.
MyDIGITAL paves the way forward to fully realise the potential of the innovation and ethical use of 4IR technologies in growing our digital economy and to achieve an inclusive, responsible and sustainable socio-economic development.
Building a Digital
MyDIGITAL aspires to enable Malaysians to embrace digitalization to improve their quality of life and standard of living, to nurture talents, and become a producer of innovation.
MyDIGITAL adopts a whole-of-nation approach that involves partnerships between the citizens, public and private sectors to realise the aspirations of MyDIGITAL.
For Malaysia to become a regional lead in digital economy and to achieve inclusive, responsible and sustainable socioeconomic development.
By harnessing the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technological advancements, we are seizing the opportunity to lead a transformation that will enhance the collaboration between industries and society, fostering efficiency and synergy. Simultaneously, we aim to safeguard the environment and guide society towards a brighter future.
The Case for Change
Build trust and ethics
Malaysia Digital Economy Blueprint
Opportunities for Malaysia
- The digital economy is creating novel job opportunities, including roles such as network specialists, mobile application developers, date scientists and social network community specialists.
- Emerging businesses models have also paved way for individuals to engage as gig workers and partake in new opportunities.
- Digital technologies have ushered in innovative business models causing disruptions to traditional practices.
- Physical products and services are increasingly transitioning into the digital realm, as evidenced by the shift from physical books and DVDs in stores to e-books and online streaming services.
- Cloud computing enpowers businesses to acquire services without the burden of owning and maintaining physical assets.
Expanding market catchment for commercial activities
- Online business offer avenues to extend market presence both domestically and internationally.
- Enhanced opportunities for local products to gain exposure and be sold through eCommerce platforms.
- Digital technologies provide governments with the means to enhance the scope and quality of public services.
- e-Government portals play a pivotal role in streamlining service delivery, improving efficiency in processes like license applications, tax filing and procurement procedures.
The National Fourth Industrial Revolution Policy
With the National 4IR Policy, action plans and initiatives of various ministries and entities will be aligned in steering the country to achieve a balanced, responsible and sustainable growth by leveraging technological adoption and innovation. The National 4IR Policy advocates the use of technology for good – social, economic and environment.
Publications and reports that provide information and insights related to Malaysia’s digital economy.
Accelerating Growth Of Malaysia's Digital Economy
SERI-SCMO Digital Talent In Malaysia